Here is my Sample Struts, Hibernate CRUD application. This can act as starting point for those who are starting to build applications on hibernate and struts. I know struts 1 is sort of out dated, but i still think there are lot of legacy applications running on Struts 1.
This application has the following features.
- Basic Create, Update and Delete Operations
- Security (Login Support)
- Validation (Struts Validations)
- Internationalization and Localization (Look at the Links on the top of page, you can change the language of the application).
- Ant build script to build and deploy the application.
Download the source code leadapp.zip (5.66 Mb)
Building and deploying the application
- Create a schema/user using the schema.sql file in src/database
- Open build.properties and modify “tomcat.home” property to point your tomcat home directory
- Database username/password can be configured in the hibernate config file \WebRoot\WEB-INF\hibernate.cfg.xml
- Issue “ant clean deploy” command to build and deploy the application to tomcat.
- Access the application http://localhost:8080/leadapp (assuming tomcat is running on 8080 port)
- username/password is firstname.lastname@example.org/javachap
I hosted this application on stax.net, access it from here http://hw4999.dvkvarma.staxapps.net, please write in the comments section if you have any problems running the application.